WELCOME!

This blog shares the happenings of Chris, Lacey and Reese O'Donnell. We didn't used to have that much to say about ourselves which is why posts were few and far between, but now we have a little person that will give us a lot to talk about. The blog will also feature Lacey's Random Finds - event planning, paper love, pretty crafty things, etc.


ENJOY!

Baby Buddy's Room

I had a vision for the nursery, but it involved making things I can't make. I even had an idea of the fabric I wanted, and colors, but where to start? I didn't have a clue how to find the kind of fabric I was looking for, but after searching blogs, etsy, fabric stores online, I found the perfect thing - just exactly what I wanted. BUT....back to making things I can't make. I don't sew. Not even buttons - they go to the tailor. Sad, but true. I hope to learn someday, but it didn't seem something I could tackle while pregnant.
My sister began quilting a couple of years ago - totally self taught and does an amazing job. She also makes bags, skirts, and a few other things, so I thought I would see how she felt about bedding and curtains. Lucky for me, she was up to the challenge. I bought the fabric, but couldn't really figure out how it was all going to work together. I also thought that we were going to sew basic squares for the bumper pad, and simple hemming for the curtains just to keep it easy - but not my sis. We ended up with trim and ruffles and ribbon. Everything turned out better than I could have hoped, and my vision was good. But....this is better. Baby Buddy has a couture nursery in the making.

Because the fabric is so colorful, we opted to paint the room gray and go with white furniture. It provides such a nice balance. We haven't hung anything on the walls yet, but here is a sneak preview.


3 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'm so happy that everything fit and worked out well. I can't wait to see more photos and see it in person. Such cute fabrics and a great vision. Great job.

julie - eab designs said...

How exciting! What wonderful news. Congratulations. Love the nursery. You will be the best parents!! All the best to you. - Julie

Jenny Young said...

I want to see a close-up of the baby bumpers.